Thursday, June 26, 2008

No Lappy, no! And other drama...

I'm alive, I promise! But my poor little Lappy is not in good shape. Soon Dell will be sending me a little box for Lappy to go away in, and hopefully in 5-7 business days Lappy will be all healed and whole and back in my possession.

One would think that this was enough drama for one day. But, alas, no. I haven't been in SL for the past few days.... see last paragraph... so you get to hear me whine about RL. This is a breakdown of things that have made today SUPER SPECTACULARLY SUCKY! Yay!

First, I am a frequent driver of country roads and like most people who frequent these roads I understand that the speed limit is a mere suggestion and there aren't like to be any cops in a 50 mile radius of where you are. So if you know the road well (and pretty much everyone who drives these roads does, because why else would you be out here with the cows and trees) you drive them at around 60 instead of the recommended 45. I rely on that speed of traffic to arrive at work on time. But today there was a difference. Some poor soul had stumbled on these twisty, turny, hilly back roads for likely the first time in their life. How do i know this? They were going 35. 35!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!! And I cannot pass them because the roads are too damn twisty and tree covered! I just about had a conniption. I was so late to work.

Second, work sucked. I knew it would. When I woke up it was cloudy and very windy and I could just feel a thunderstorm coming in the breeze. But did my boss care? No. He was all, "It's going to be beautiful, it won't rain! The weather channel says so!" Okay. Seriously. I am there like two hours and it just pours. And I work outside. Yeah, waste of a day going to work. And going to work late at that. So I think... not a total loss. I get to go home early.

Third, I am dead wrong. I do not get to go home early. Yes, I do get to clock out early. But no I cannot leave. Why? My car is dead. Dead, dead, dead. I have to call roadside assistance. It is the suck and takes an hour and a half to get to me and then two more hours to get the car gone and then another hour to arrange a ride to come get me. Thats four and a half hours wasted. And all allong I could have been at home because I knew it was going to freaking rain. But I'm like, okay, I can just go home and take a nap with nice rainy sounds in the background.

Fourth, I fail. I get home, via a friend, and I think everything is okay. It is not. All the sudden I feel a massive burning painful feeling spreading across my upper stomach. This is not good. I lift up my shirt to inspect this feeling and what do I find? A freaking wasp sting. I have a wasp stinger lodged firmly in my rib region and it has a large pink swelling area around it. I must have been stung while I was working, like all 20 minutes I was working. And with the stress of my car I hadn't noticed it. And I am allergic to wasp stings so in the four-ish hours of the car fiasco the embedded stinger had been wreaking havoc on my system. GREAT! Today is jsut wonderful.

So now the rain has stopped, my car is still dead, my lappy is ill, my ribs are burning and I am so frustrated I cannot sleep. And that is why you had to listen to me rant.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ZOMFG!! Major hugs to you for your crappy day and all it entailed. I hope you're going to be OK from the wasp sting!!!! Do you just get extra pain and swelling or throat swelling or ???

/me proclaims tomorrow Everything Must Go Perfect for Sehra Day

Unknown said...

OMG!! I hope things get better fast! Go throw some salt over your left shoulder for better luck!

Jeff said...

Whoa.

I mean, like, things can only get better now, right??

Thankfully days like those are few and far between, I hope. Not sure I could handle the stress of reading about another one that crazy. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I hope your car gets fixed fast!! I hate having car trouble, it's such a pain to get anywhere without one, and then there's the cost of repairs... and your poor lappy too :(