So, I decided to make a little trip back in time to the 1950's. I donno why, I just like the kitschy era and the silly piety that encompassed it. I have sort of a tongue in cheek approach to the time. I know I would have been a disobedient/outspoken daughter, troublemaker of a friend and an insubordinate/essentially useless housewife. But, I still love the silliness of the time.
Look as me in the kitchen, you know the only thing I was making in there all day were some strong martinis. Maybe some cookie dough, but you know I ate it instead of baking it.
But it is pretty right? I would have spent, like, hours making the entire house look pristine; I love interior design. But, really, we can essentially surmise that my kitchen is a decorative item.
And, God knows, these would have been my crazy/awesome friends:
It looks like Love Thursdays is happening and I'm never one to miss the bus, so I thought I'd throw in my 10 cents. These are the things that I love. Things that make my life a little brighter and cause a big grin to spread across my face:
When you randomly dress up like a cowgirl and ride around on Nessie through the Loch.
When someone breaks out the double pole at the Fiesta Zone and everyone hops on.
When impromptu parties sprout up at your friend's houses and you start to catapult people across the sim.
When you share beautiful, quiet moments at the end of the day.
The wonderful Ali tagged me. Now you must suffer through my answers:
1. Who was your FIRST prom date? This kid named Brent. Only, we decided that we didn't want to go to prom, and just went to the after party our school hosted instead. There was a hypnotist!
2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love? No. We lost touch, a while ago.
3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink? Vodka and Sprite, followed by around 15 shots of whatever we thought my parents wouldn't miss from the liquor cabinet.
4. What was your FIRST job? Working at a clothing store, mostly just rehanging clothes and folding things for hours. The exciting days were when I got to do markdowns.
5. What was your FIRST car? My Boo! My '96 white Buick Riviera. I still drive him today!
6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today? Uh, nobody? I don't use my phone overly much.
7. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning? *Laughs*
8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher? Ms. Brown, I got the teacher every kid wanted, but in retrospect, I don't know what was so great about her. The others must have been evil or something.
9. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane? I don't remember, I think I was, like, 2 or 3. I'm pretty sure I went to Arizona.
10. Who was your FIRST best friend and do you still talk? Lindsey, from preschool until I moved to my new house. And no, not really, sometimes we pass a note or two on facebook, but mostly, no.
11. Where was your FIRST sleep over? Lindsey's house, I think I was like, 6.
12. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today? Roomie, I grunted at her and went to get a glass of water.
13. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time? Never been in a wedding, been to them, not in them. None of my close friends are married.
14. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning? Pulled the blankets over my head and pretended it was not morning.
15. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to? Aerosmith, 10th row, I died.
16. What was the FIRST record/tape? The soundtrack to Aladdin, I loved that damn movie.
17. FIRST hospitalization? I had surgery when I was like 2 weeks old, so, then.
18. FIRST foreign country you've been to? Mexico! Cancun, baby!
19. FIRST movie you remember seeing? Some My Little Pony movie that is still at my parents house. I used to watch the shit outta that thing. Apparently I could not say the name Spike and instead called him "Ike!"
20. When was your FIRST detention? OMG, I was a bad kid. Kindergarten, I was sent out of the class because I threw a huge fit that my library books were not in the right box.
21. Where did you FIRST meet your spouse/partner now? LOL, I am not spouse-ified.
22. Who was your FIRST roommate? Ugh, a girl named Ashley, we had fundimental living differences.
23. What did you do with your FIRST paycheck? Bought clothes from the store I worked in. It's too tempting to work around clothes.
I tag whoever is reading this. I hate tagging actual people then they don't actually do it. It makes me feel sad and rejected. So, please, do the meme and say I tagged you. It will warm my little heart.
I decided to enter the flickr contest for Pffiou! my friend Laleeta's amazing pose store. (BTW if you don't have any of her poses, you need them. Now.) I was already dressed up as a school girl from last night's photo shoot, for Laleeta's latest group pose, so I sort of ran with that theme.
I wanted a moody run down school setting to take the pictures in, but, um, like, all the moody run down schools in SL are also smutty sex dens. But I was a girl on a mission.
I was going to run in, find some good photo spots, snap my pictures real quick, and haul my happy ass out of there, as fast as humanly possible. I really thought I was going to pull it off too! I thought I could make it out of the smut school with no propositions and without witnessing a single sex act being carried out.
I was wrong. Because, as I was snapping my last picture, I got this IM:
[13:41] Mercury Madsen: hi [13:41] Sehra Kauffman: nope [13:41] Sehra Kauffman: no sex [13:41] Sehra Kauffman: no [13:42] Mercury Madsen: why not? [13:42] Sehra Kauffman: just no [13:42] Mercury Madsen: how about a suck then? [13:42] Sehra Kauffman: no [13:42] Mercury Madsen: boring