Friday, June 13, 2008

More Excitement

I am officially crazy.

Last night I decided to go out shopping with one of my good friends. This would be a normal occurrence in most people's lives except for one thing. We decided to go out shopping despite the fact that there was a major storm headed our way which had already produced at least one tornado......

What can I say, we really wanted to go shopping! It wasn't raining yet when we set out on the adventure. It was just dark an ominous towards the west. I think we could have had a fairly profitable experience too, if we hadn't decided to go to the outside shopping mall. Yeah, mistake numero uno. They just have better stores there! Really!

So, in a strike of genius we park my car, the Buick boat, in a parking garage in case there was hail. (There was an eerie green tint to the sky.) And meander off to Express. Now, I am a power shopper and would have been out in 10-15 minutes, I don't mess around when it comes to shopping. I want maximum buying power for time spent. But my friend is a lingerer. She took far too long in Express and by the time we decided to move on to the next store it was raining cats and dogs. (Seriously, water was pooling inside the doors of the store.)

Then came the security guard. He told us that the whole shopping center was going on lockdown because of the storm. Seriously. Lockdown. I do not kid. It was at this point that we realized the dilemma, we could stay in Express for the next hour or so and wait out the storm, but we had already purchased all the cute stuff and there was really nothing to do..... Or we could make a run for the Barnes and Nobel down the street ,where her sister worked, and we could at least read during our trapped time.

So we ran. Amid scary cloud to ground lightening and teeny tiny hail we ran for the doors of Barnes and Nobel like we were being chased by an army of blingtards.

Her sister let us in, despite the lockdown, and we waited out the storm sipping chai and reading somewhat scholarly books. (Okay, we might have picked them out to look scholarly, and we might have pretended to have English accents to look all smart and sophisticated. We had a lot of time to blow, guys, and there were only like three people in the whole two story book store. Why not do a little fake sophisticated bit. Spice it up man, spice it up!)

Overall, despite all the crazy weather drama, it was a really fun evening. I think it always works out to be fun when you get stuck somewhere and have to make your own fun. Or maybe I'm just really easily amused. Either way, I'm making the most out of life. :)

3 comments:

C said...

You silly girl and your disregard for weather warnings!

Great story, I could totally "see" you doing this LOL LOL.

There is just one part that I had to go back and re-read a few times because my mind went a whole bunch of terrible places.

"...We had a lot of time to blow guys..."

Sehra Kauffman said...

lol....... omg......

did not notice that.....

Anonymous said...

OMG crazy weather world!! I just talked to my Mom tonight who's in Iowa where it's flooding like crazy!